Locked In: NASCAR Weekly Series Sanctioning set for BD Motorsports Media LLC Facilities
MILLSBORO, DE – Locked in.
All four BD Motorsports Media LLC facilities – Fonda and Utica-Rome speedways in New York, Delaware International and Georgetown speedways in Delaware – will operate under NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series sanctioning for 2023.
BD Motorsports Media LLC owner Brett Deyo “made it official” with NASCAR’s Brett Tisdale, Senior Manager Weekly Racing Operations, during a NASCAR Home Tracks meeting at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla., last Wednesday.
“We’re very proud to have each of our historic facilities integrated into NASCAR’s 75th anniversary season,” Deyo said. “The benefits for our racers, the excitement of our drivers competing on a national stage for our fans, and the support from NASCAR for our facilities is taking all four tracks to a higher level.”
Competitors in sanctioned divisions at the four facilities will now be eligible for additional point fund money via National, Regional, State and Track avenues.
Sanctioned divisions at each speedway are as follows:
- Delaware International Speedway – Modified (Division I) & Crate 602 Sportsman (Division II)
- Fonda Speedway – Amsterdam Truck Center Modified (Division I), Swagger Factory Apparel Crate 602 Sportsman (Division II) & Below Zero Ice Cream Pro Stock (Division III)
- Georgetown Speedway – Modified (Division I) & Blue Hen Dispose-All Crate 602 Sportsman (Division II)
- Utica-Rome Speedway – Sunoco Modified (Division I), Worthington Industries Crate 602 Sportsman (Division II) & Next Generation GraphiX Pro Stocks (Division III)
Drivers in NASCAR-sanctioned divisions are required to possess a current NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series license to compete.
Licenses are on sale now at: https://license.nascar.com/ with a price break for those purchasing online.
Regular Modified (Division I) drivers must purchase a NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series – Full Season – Feature Division Driver License.
Regular Crate 602 Sportsman (Division II) and Pro Stock (Division III) must purchase a NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series – Full Season Charger Division Driver License.
Only the driver is required to possess a NASCAR license. However, team owners and crew members may purchase a NASCAR license for additional insurance benefits.
All NASCAR license holders will receive a $5 discount on pit admission at each venue.
Drivers are not required to possess more than one NASCAR license. Licenses are valid at all sanctioned speedways.
Drivers purchasing a NASCAR license will not be required to buy a Fonda/Utica-Rome license to receive point fund money.
For drivers making only one-off starts at each of the tracks in sanctioned divisions, 15-day and single-event licenses will be available at reduced rates.
Only drivers in the divisions listed above will be required to possess a NASCAR license.
2023 Season Opener dates are as follows:
- Delaware International – Friday, March 31, Jake Marine Memorial Modified event paying Modifieds $8,500 to win plus Crate 602 Sportsman, Southern Delaware Vintage Stock Cars, Little Lincolns, Delaware Super Trucks and Delmarva Chargers
- Fonda Speedway – Saturday, April 22, Jack Johnson Memorial Montgomery County Open paying Amsterdam Truck Modifieds $12,000 to win plus Swagger Factory Apparel Crate 602 Sportsman, Below Zero Ice Cream Pro Stocks, Montgomery County Office for Aging Limited Sportsman and Fonda Fair Four Cylinders
- Georgetown Speedway – Friday, April 7, Modifieds $3,000 to win plus Rapid Tire USAC East Coast Sprint Cars, Blue Hen Dispose-All Crate 602 Sportsman, Southern Delaware Vintage Stock Cars, Little Lincolns, Delaware Super Trucks and Delmarva Chargers
- Utica-Rome Speedway – Friday, April 21, Alex Friesen Remembered Modifieds $6,800 to win plus Worthington Industries Crate 602 Sportsman, Next Generation GraphiX Pro Stocks, Fastline Performance Limited Sportsman and Fonda Fair Four Cylinders
Delaware International Speedway is located at 37854 Sussex Highway Delmar, DE 19940. Like “Delaware International Speedway” on Facebook while a new website is constructed.
Fonda Speedway is located at 21 Bridge Street Fonda, NY 12068 and is on the web at www.thefondaspeedway.com.
Georgetown Speedway is located at 22206 Speedway Road Georgetown, DE 19947 and is on the web at www.thegeorgetownspeedway.com.
Utica-Rome Speedway is located at 5591 NY-5 (Seneca Turnpike) Vernon, NY 13476 and is on the web at www.uticaromespeedway.com.