Fireworks May 25th by
VERNON, NY- The first big weekend motorsports event of the season of the 2013 season in Central New York is rapidly approaching at the Utica-Rome Speedway and track officials have released the rule structure for the headline Modified event. The weekend starts on Sunday May 26 when Gates-Cole presents the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints plus a regular show of Modifieds, Sportsman, Pro Stocks, and Pure Stocks plus a spectacular fireworks show. Then on Monday 27, VP Racing Fuels will present the Race of Champions Modified Series Victoria 200 which will pay $10,000 to the winner of the 100 lap main event. The 602 Crate Sportsman will join in on the action on Monday for a $1,000 event of their own.
The Modified rules are basically the same as the weekly rules.
Modifieds (This rule package will be in place for both days)-
1) Must be Modified chassis.
2) 361 cubic inch or less - 2,400 pounds. (GAS ONLY)Small Blocks with Brodix Spec Aluminum heads-2350 lbs., Small Blocks with SB2 heads- Must weigh 2,500 pounds. As per weekly rules, no dome pistons allowed in Small Blocks.
3) Big Blocks - 2,500lbs. (GAS ONLY).
4) Cast iron blocks only - NO Aluminum blocks.
5) No tolerances on weight, must make weight after qualifying and main event.
6) No fuel injection.
7) Sail panels allowed - Total height is to be measured from ground to the highest point, not to exceed 65”. Total length is to be measured from rear axle, 48” from the center line to rear of car and 12” from center line forward. Maximum vertical lips will be 2” from door up and 2” from door down. 1 1/2“ tolerance on width allowed. The degree of angle from vertical lips (Upper and Lower) to rear plane of driver’s seat is 22 degrees. Sail panels must have same dimensions on both sides of car.
8) 4” inch maximum roof spoiler allowed. Spoiler must be mounted on rear of roof.
9) Tires -American Racer tires only. LF-SD-33 or harder, RF-SD-33/SD-38/SD-44/SD-48, LR-SD-33/SD-38/SD-44/SD-48, RR-SD-44/SD-48/SD-50 with McMod plating or other American Racer Cup track designation. No Late Model or non traditional Modified tread tires. Track has final say in tires. The speedway does not stock all available compounds and the following is a list what is normally available at the speedway- LF SD-33/SD-38, RF SD-33/SD-38, LR SD-33/SD-38/SD-44 RR SD-38/SD-44/SD-48.
10) For rules not covered here, please refer to the 2013 Utica-Rome Speedway rulebook which is available at www.uticaromespeedway.com.
The 602 Crate Sportsman rules are simple with home track tire, 2350 lbs for cars with aluminum wheels and 2300 lbs with steel wheels, and no rev box is required. Tires must be a traditional Modified type tread pattern.
Gates for the Sunday portion of the event open at 3 p.m. with racing at 5:30 p.m. with the fireworks following the racing program. On Monday, the gates will open at 2:30 p.m. with racing at 6 p.m.
RULES FOR VICTORIA 200 AT UTICA-ROME SPEEDWAY WEEKEND RELEASED FOR
BOTH MODIFIEDS AND 602 CRATE SPORTSMAN
Get a Home or Auto Online Quote
SUNOCO RACE FUELS AND GATES-COLE INSURANCE PRESENTS HUGE WEEKEND OF RACING THAT INCLUDES $10,000 TO WIN VICTORIA 200, SPRINT CARS, AND FIREWORKS BY MAJESTIC
VERNON, NY- In just a few short years, the Victoria 200 Weekend at Utica-Rome Speedway has become a Memorial Day Weekend tradition with two action packed days of exciting short track racing. The 2014 edition will be presented by Sunoco Race Fuels and Gates-Cole Insurance and will begin on Sunday May 25 and conclude on Monday May 26.
On Sunday, it will be another night of NASCAR sanctioned racing with the Whelen All-American Series Modifieds, Sportsman, Pro Stocks, and Pure Stocks all in action plus the first of three visits by the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints. The stars and cars of ESS never disappoint as they use the spacious half mile’s entire multi grooved surface as they battle for the victory. And when the evening’s activities are complete, the skies above the Vernon oval will be lit up by another fireworks display by Majestic Fireworks. For several seasons, Majestic Fireworks has delighted fans of all ages with their fantastic displays and this year will be no different.
A quick look at the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series New York State points shows UR point leader in the fifth spot just 9 points behind Riverhead Raceway’s John Fortin. Pat Ward (-13), Matt Sheppard (-14), Mike Mahaney (-19), Stewart Friesen (-30), Willy Decker (-31), and Danny Varin (-52) all find themselves in the top 20 of the State points.
Then on Monday, it is the annual Race of Champions Dirt Modified Series Victoria 200 which will see the weekly Modified stars take on all comers as they will battle for 100 laps for a $10,000 top prize. Last season, Jimmy Phelps overcame a night of bad draws to grab the big win for the invaders. Each season, this event draws the top Modified talent in the Northeast and this year’s edition should prove no different. Will a weekly competitor redeem the honor of the hometown heroes or will another invader steal the spotlight? That answer and more drama will unfold on the special Monday event.
Joining the Modifieds during Monday’s event will be the Dig Safely GRIT 602 Sportsman Series that will pay $1,000 to the victor of the 30 lap main event. A huge field of competitors is expected as interest has been high since this event was announced. All competitors, including weekly 602 Sportsman racers, are reminded that all GRIT Series rules apply, including weight and tire rules.
On Sunday, the gates will open at 3 p.m. with racing starting at 5:30 p.m. while on Monday the gates will open at 3 p.m. with racing at 6 p.m.
For complete point standings, schedule information, and much more please log on to www.uticaromespeedway.com or call the speedway office at (315)829-4557. We can also be found on Facebook or on Twitter at @UR_Speedway.
Sunday May 25th : General Admission $22.00 $20.00 for Seniors, Students and Military with ID Under 9 free
Pits: NASCAR License $27.00 Non-NASCAR License $32.00
Monday May 26th: General Admission $27.00 Under 14 $12.00
Pits: License $40.00 Non-License $45.00
Sunday May 25th - Gates-Cole Insurance and Sunoco Race Fuels presents the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints plus regular show of Modifieds, Sportsman, Pro Stocks, and Pure Stocks plus FIREWORKS Modified winner earns guaranteed spot for Victoria 200. Gates open at 3 p.m. with racing at 5:30 p.m.
Monday May 26th - Sunoco Race Fuels and Gates-Cole Insurance presents Race of Champions Modified Series $10,000 to win "Victoria 200" and Dig Safely GRIT 602 Sportsman Series-$1,000 to win Gates open at 3 p.m. with racing at 6 p.m.
See Prices Below
Two Day Pit Pass $60 with License $70 without....