Get a Home or Auto Online Quote Click Here
Past New Yorkers Events
UTICA-ROME SPEEDWAY RELEASES MODIFIED RULE PACKAGE FOR 2013 NEW YORKER WEEKEND
VERNON, NY- The final Modified event of the season at the Utica-Rome Speedway is coming up this weekend and Utica-Rome Speedway will be using the same rules package as the Victoria 200 Weekend that was run at the speedway in late May. The rules will be in effect for both Sunday September 1 and Monday September 2, giving drivers in competition on Sunday a chance to tune their cars for the big $10,000 to win New Yorker event on Monday.
The New Yorker 200 Weekend will kick off on Sunday September 1 when Gates-Cole Associates and Turning Stone Casino and Resort presents the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints plus the final point events for the Modifieds, Sportsman, Pro Stocks, and Pure Stocks. The Empire Super Sprint event will serve a tune up for the upcoming Cole Cup on September 7, which will pay $7,000 to win for the 360 Sprints. Fireworks will close out the evening’s activities. Then on Monday, action returns to the Vernon oval with the running of the $10,000 to win, 100 lap New Yorker for the Modifieds. The 602 Sportsman will join the Modifieds on Monday with another $1,000 to win, $100 to start event.
The rules for the New Yorker 200 weekend, in addition to the weekly Utica-Rome Speedway rules, are listed below.
The Modified rules are basically the same as the weekly rules the addition of sail panels. The Modifieds will run under this rule package on both Sunday and Monday, giving the drivers in attendance on Sunday an opportunity to tune in their cars with the sail panels. The rule highlights are below.
Modifieds (This rule package will be in place for both days)-
1) Must be Modified chassis.
2) 361 cubic inch or less - 2,400 pounds. (GAS ONLY)Small Blocks with Brodix Spec Aluminum heads-2350 lbs., Small Blocks with SB2 heads- Must weigh 2,500 pounds. As per weekly rules, no dome pistons allowed in Small Blocks.
3) Big Blocks - 2,500lbs. (GAS ONLY).
4) Cast iron blocks only - NO Aluminum blocks.
5) No tolerances on weight, must make weight after qualifying and main event.
6) No fuel injection.
7) Sail panels allowed - Total height is to be measured from ground to the highest point, not to exceed 65”. Total length is to be measured from rear axle, 48” from the center line to rear of car and 12” from center line forward. Maximum vertical lips will be 2” from door up and 2” from door down. 1 1/2“ tolerance on width allowed. The degree of angle from vertical lips (Upper and Lower) to rear plane of driver’s seat is 22 degrees. Sail panels must have same dimensions on both sides of car.
8) 4” inch maximum roof spoiler allowed. Spoiler must be mounted on rear of roof.
9) Tires -American Racer tires only. LF-SD-33 or harder, RF-SD-33/SD-38/SD-44/SD-48, LR-SD-33/SD-38/SD-44/SD-48, RR-SD-44/SD-48/SD-50 with McMod plating or other American Racer Cup track designation. No Late Model or non traditional Modified tread tires. Track has final say in tires. The speedway does not stock all available compounds and the following is a list what is normally available at the speedway- LF SD-33/SD-38, RF SD-33/SD-38, LR SD-33/SD-38/SD-44 RR SD-38/SD-44/SD-48.
10) For rules not covered here, please refer to the 2013 Utica-Rome Speedway rulebook which is available at www.uticaromespeedway.com.
The 602 Crate Sportsman rules are simple with home track tire, 2350 lbs for cars with aluminum wheels and 2300 lbs with steel wheels, and no rev box is required. Tires must be a traditional Modified type tread pattern.
Gates for the Sunday portion of the event open at 3 p.m. with racing at 5:30 p.m. with the fireworks following the racing program. On Monday, the gates will open at 2:30 p.m. with racing at 6 p.m.
New Yorker 200 Weekend
Sun Sept. 1 - Gates-Cole Associates and Turning Stone Casino and Resort presents the
Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints plus regular show of Modifieds, Sportsman, Pro Stocks,
and Pure Stocks plus Fireworks by Majestic, Final night of points Modified winner
earns guaranteed spot for New Yorker 200, Victoria 200 rules apply .
Gates open at 3 p.m., racing at 5:30 p.m
Sunday Sept. 1st General Admission is $20.00 for Adults - $18.00 for Seniors, Students and Military w/ID Under 9 free
Pit Admission for Sept 1st. - $27.00 for team members all others $30.00
NO Two Day General Admission Passes
Mon Sept. 2 - Turning Stone Casino and Resort presents the New Yorker 200 for Modifieds,
$10,000 to win-100 laps plus 602 Sportsman, $1,000 to win
Gates open at 2:30 p.m., Racing at 6 p.m.
Admission for Sept. 1 -
ADULTS = $25 (Canadian Money Admission = $30.00) AGES 14 AND UNDER $10
(Canadian Money Admission = $13.00) PIT ADMISSION $40(Team)/ All Others $45.00
(Canadian Money Admission = $45.00/$50.00)
Two Day Pit Pass $60.00(Team) All Others$65.00 Canadian Money Admission = $65.00/$70.00)
Photos from Sept. 1st. Click Here